Author Topic: PUBG Video Game App Among 118 New Chinese Apps Banned Today  (Read 53 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Darran

  • Owner
  • Semi-Newbie
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 491
  • Country: in
  • Gender: Male
  • TCPGaming.com - Staff
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
PUBG Video Game App Among 118 New Chinese Apps Banned Today
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:18:54 AM »
PUBG Mobile among Chinese Apps Blocked: There are close to 33 million active PUBG players in India, according to reports. The game clocks some 13 million daily users

New Delhi: PUBG MOBILE, a wildly popular game in India, was among 118 Chinese apps blocked by the government today amid tension with China over fresh provocation in Ladakh. The move was in the interest of India's sovereignty and integrity, defence and security, the government said in a statement.
Tencent Holdings Ltd's videogame PUBG Mobile ranks among the world's top five smartphone games with over 734 million downloads There are close to 50 million active PUBG players in India, according to reports. The game clocks in some 13 million daily users.

According to the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, the mobile game has been banned along with the other Apps under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, on grounds that "they are engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order".

"This decision is a targeted move to ensure safety, security and sovereignty of Indian cyberspace," the statement said, adding that the move would safeguard the interests of crores of Indian mobile and internet users.

Last year, in a measure of PUBG's huge popularity, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during an event on exam stress, had remarked to a mother complaining about her teen: "Yeh PUBG-wala hai kya (Is he a PUBG player?)".

In June, the government banned 59 mobile apps including Bytedance's TikTok, Alibaba's UC Browser and Tencent's WeChat, also citing security concerns.

Explaining its latest move, the ministry said it had received many complaints about the misuse of some mobile apps on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting user data to servers outside India.

"The compilation of these data, its mining and profiling by elements hostile to national security and defence of India, which ultimately impinges upon the sovereignty and integrity of India, is a matter of very deep and immediate concern which requires emergency measures," said the statement.
friendly
0
funny
0
informative
0
agree
0
disagree
0
pwnt
0
like
0
dislike
0
late
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions