Author Topic: An introduction to 1960s fashion  (Read 74 times)

Darran

• Owner
  • Semi-Newbie
  • TCPGaming.com - Staff
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
An introduction to 1960s fashion
« on: September 01, 2020, 11:10:01 PM »
I'd speculate that we're due for a 60's fashion revival.A culture divide is forming between kids who grew up with the internet and those who didn't. It seems only natural that the two generations would start to dress according to their values, which are, when you think about them, actually very different.A generation that socialized without the internet will likely see fashion as secondary to socializing, and therefore less of a "statement". Since all fashion is ultimately for attracting the desired sex, I suspect it's a way of emphasizing real socializing in their eyes- "she/he should like me for me, not my look" logic.Whereas, with a generation grown on the internet, the idea of image and appearance are no long just important, but central to any kind of social interaction at all. A weird instagram picture or facebook post will guarantee weird interactions. With this logic, I speculate an attitude of "taking care of your image is respecting yourself" will/has emerged.Which means the two generations are fundamentally looking at fashion differently- one more utilitarian, and the other as a statement. It would stand to reason that a conservative look, something akin to what Mad Men almost did about 6 years ago now, would revive the former, hybrid socializers, and that a more liberal, colorful attitude would emerge from the latter, making an ethnic, "flowy" look more common.Both of which the 60's clearly had in spades. Theoretically, the generation's look won't be "mother vs daughter", it'll be "big brother vs little brother" looks.
Anyway, thanks for reading my TED talk or whatever.

click here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions